SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
Vancouver, BC or Victoria, BC
PERM • 160-180K + Bonuses
Growing 25+% year after year, for the past 7 years, our client has emerged
as a leader in communication and collaboration applications. How have they
managed this in a competitive field? By understanding that success starts from
within, by taking care of your own people first, and creating an innovative
culture & environment where employees work together for the company’s
success and their personal and professional growth. For real.
Our client has an opportunity for a Senior Software
Engineer to join their new
SAAS product team working out of either their Vancouver or Victoria development
offices. Victoria is preferred.
The candidate we are looking for is someone
who has a proven track record developing performant, scalable and resilient
products or services. Someone who is passionate about the software they produce
and people they work with.
• Developing software for a highly available hosted service.
• Designing and refactoring software with scalability, resiliency and
performance in mind
• Must have Cloud Architecture
• Contribute in defining user stories
• Participating as a mentor to other engineers
Your Education, Experience and Skill Sets
• A degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related
• 7+ years experience in enterprise application development with Java
• Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems -
• Experience developing applications for a cloud environment
• Must come from a very large organization where you have done something
• Experience with traditional RDBMS databases such as Oracle, Postgres, etc.
• Working in a Unix / Linux environment
• Solid knowledge of unit, integration and automation testing methodologies
• Will consider someone from outside Canada
• Personalized environments: Mac lover? Linux hacker? Have at ‘er – all on big
• Training and professional development budget to help advance your career
• Strong belief in work/life balance
• Emphasis on innovation: we dedicate one day every month to our pet projects
• Diverse, smart, and talented co-workers
• Collaborative, fun work environment, where laughing and learning go together
• Fun days involving curling, frisbee golf, pool at the pub, and so on
• Annual Kickoff in cool places like Seattle, San Francisco, and San
candidates please forward your resume in MS Word format, including
bullet points that demonstrate your personal results/contributions and
major accomplishments to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank everyone for their interest however only short listed candidates will be contacted.